• You cannot reply to this topic

Delaying restart

#1 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:42 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland/35598951

A tad harsh second YC for the first red i think (Bearded defender)!!! Second one was silly after he's given the first!!!

Thoughts!!!

#2 User is offline   Goldfish 

• Select Group
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:56 PM

Hi
Increasingly I'm saying to players what do you not understand about being on a caution. In both sendings off player knew that they were on a caution so why ask the question of the referee. Throwing the ball down in such a manner with perhaps some nice words is always going to attract the strong possibility of a caution for dissent. Observer can see the action whereas perhaps the words may get passed over. Then when the ref has sent off one player was he ever going to ignore the second one? No chance. Soft and silly yet technically correct. FIFA badged officials are expected to makes these calls.

This post has been edited by Goldfish: 17 February 2016 - 09:58 PM

#3 User is offline   RustyRef 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:28 PM

That is really poor refereeing in my view. For the first one he has thrown it right back to where it should be taken from. OK, He has done it as a thrown in so it has bounced, but nowhere near enough for me to be classing that as dissent.

The second one has to be sanctioned as delaying the restart, especially given what he has just sent someone off for. But he was clearly not interested in doing anything about it until the opposition complain, and he's kicked it so far it just has to be dealt with straight away. Had he done this the caution for dissent for complaining about the ball being kicked away wouldn't have happened ..!

#4 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:35 PM

View PostRustyRef, on 17 February 2016 - 11:28 PM, said:

That is really poor refereeing in my view. For the first one he has thrown it right back to where it should be taken from. OK, He has done it as a thrown in so it has bounced, but nowhere near enough for me to be classing that as dissent.

The second one has to be sanctioned as delaying the restart, especially given what he has just sent someone off for. But he was clearly not interested in doing anything about it until the opposition complain, and he's kicked it so far it just has to be dealt with straight away. Had he done this the caution for dissent for complaining about the ball being kicked away wouldn't have happened ..!

My thoughts too eloquantly wrote!!! Not sure if he has said something extra with the throw but the throw in itself was to the correct place!!! Hard to tell from the clip!! The locals aren't happy after the game in the media!!!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users