The Referee Forum: WGS - The Referee Forum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WGS

#1 User is offline   Angry Ref 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 863
  • Joined: 31-August 07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:16 PM

I've logged into this WGS today and it seems to be a good idea but there appears to be lots of issues with it.

The leagues I referee are on it but the some of the teams do not appear on either the drop down list or when you click "all teams in the league" it crashes!

Currently it wont even let me log-in.

I wonder when this will be running properly.

#2 User is offline   mintyref 

  • Select Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 2,435
  • Joined: 19-September 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hull
  • Interests:Football, running, eating, drinking,

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:19 PM

I've always been able to log on, occasionally issues with missing teams and players in the "all teams in the league" menu, but otherwise I like it.........fa code should be optional at lower level!

#3 User is offline   Danny-r 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 1,372
  • Joined: 02-June 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England, Leeds

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

View Postmintyref, on 31 January 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

I've always been able to log on, occasionally issues with missing teams and players in the "all teams in the league" menu, but otherwise I like it.........fa code should be optional at lower level!


You can manually enter players. It's a work in progress, contract your RDO if there are missing teams and give them details of whom are missing, they'll get it sorted.

#4 User is offline   mintyref 

  • Select Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 2,435
  • Joined: 19-September 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hull
  • Interests:Football, running, eating, drinking,

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

View PostDanny-r, on 31 January 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

You can manually enter players. It's a work in progress, contract your RDO if there are missing teams and give them details of whom are missing, they'll get it sorted.


Doh!

#5 User is offline   Danny-r 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 1,372
  • Joined: 02-June 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England, Leeds

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:27 AM

It is a great system though in my opinion, and from what I've heard (nothing solid just hearsay), integration with Full-Time will come. Would make sense if WGS accessed FT to gain information instead of the local CFA having to keep it up to date.

#6 User is offline   Paulw 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 371
  • Joined: 11-March 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Croydon
  • Interests:'Trying is the first step towards failure.' - Homer Simpson
    Millwall FC

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:27 PM

View PostDanny-r, on 01 February 2015 - 02:27 AM, said:

It is a great system though in my opinion, and from what I've heard (nothing solid just hearsay), integration with Full-Time will come. Would make sense if WGS accessed FT to gain information instead of the local CFA having to keep it up to date.

I really like it too....

#7 User is offline   Navy Ref 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 46
  • Joined: 18-February 13

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:53 AM

It's been bloody brilliant.

The only issue I have are service players. As they have a piece of information on their forms that can't be divulged outside of the service environment (ie their Service Number). So it'll be a while before the Armed Forces see it, I think.

#8 User is offline   Angry Ref 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 863
  • Joined: 31-August 07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:29 PM

View Postmintyref, on 31 January 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

I've always been able to log on, occasionally issues with missing teams and players in the "all teams in the league" menu, but otherwise I like it.........fa code should be optional at lower level!

I've had another go and it all appears to be working fine.

I've added my 3 weekend games to it so let's see how it goes this Saturday!

#9 User is offline   Angry Ref 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 863
  • Joined: 31-August 07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

View PostNavy Ref, on 03 February 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

It's been bloody brilliant.

The only issue I have are service players. As they have a piece of information on their forms that can't be divulged outside of the service environment (ie their Service Number). So it'll be a while before the Armed Forces see it, I think.

When I was a ref in the Navy (while in the navy) it was all players saying their service number really quickly to be clever. I always found our friends down at Lympstone the worst offenders.

I was based at Cornwall, Middlesex, HMS Illustrious and a couple of others. I was a POWTR.

Where are you based and what rate/rank are you?

#10 User is offline   Angry Ref 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 863
  • Joined: 31-August 07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

View Postmintyref, on 31 January 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

I've always been able to log on, occasionally issues with missing teams and players in the "all teams in the league" menu, but otherwise I like it.........fa code should be optional at lower level!

My game was changed yesterday and one of the teams is not listed on the drop down list.

Is this down to the league or the CFA?

I've tried e-mailing the league and they do not know much at all about WGS.

#11 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

  • Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 12,224
  • Joined: 04-December 06
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:10 PM

Dad my first game yesterday under WGS, not perfect, a tad designed by committee, but lets give it time and they can hopefully improve the flaws! I run a similar system at work, far, far better, I'd give this 6/10 at best!!!

#12 User is offline   RustyRef 

  • Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 8,087
  • Joined: 16-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

View PostAngry Ref, on 08 February 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

My game was changed yesterday and one of the teams is not listed on the drop down list.

Is this down to the league or the CFA?

I've tried e-mailing the league and they do not know much at all about WGS.


County FAs are responsible for keeping WGS up to date, most leagues don't even have access to it.

#13 User is offline   Navy Ref 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 46
  • Joined: 18-February 13

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:05 PM

View PostAngry Ref, on 03 February 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

When I was a ref in the Navy (while in the navy) it was all players saying their service number really quickly to be clever. I always found our friends down at Lympstone the worst offenders.

I was based at Cornwall, Middlesex, HMS Illustrious and a couple of others. I was a POWTR.

Where are you based and what rate/rank are you?


CTC are pretty bad for it, thankfully they use team sheets now. I get the last 4, because they're warned I'm a Writer by trade.

I'm based in Nelson and, so far my career has been: Raleigh, Nelson, Ark Royal, Nelson, Chicksands and Nelson and I'm a LWtr. Only 6 years so far, mind.

#14 User is offline   maninblack 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 1,529
  • Joined: 04-January 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leicester

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

I've added my 3 weekend games to it so let's see how it goes this Saturday!
angry ref are you adding games before you do them....our instructions are not to add unless there is anything to report

#15 User is offline   Angry Ref 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 863
  • Joined: 31-August 07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:54 PM

View Postmaninblack, on 17 March 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

I've added my 3 weekend games to it so let's see how it goes this Saturday!
angry ref are you adding games before you do them....our instructions are not to add unless there is anything to report

Wrong!!

We've been told to add all games and then click "no reports to submit" after the game if there are no issues.

I add all games before the game starts.

This post has been edited by Angry Ref: 17 March 2015 - 05:55 PM


#16 User is offline   RustyRef 

  • Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 8,087
  • Joined: 16-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:15 PM

View PostAngry Ref, on 17 March 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

Wrong!!

We've been told to add all games and then click "no reports to submit" after the game if there are no issues.

I add all games before the game starts.


That's because they know you won't get through a game without there being any issues ... :P/>

I asked the same question and was told only to add the games if you need to report anything. Other than submitting the reports to the appropriate counties it doesn't do anything else so you're wasting your time if there are no reports to submit. The reason I asked is whenever I tried to click on nothing to report it fell over with a HTTP 500 error.

#17 User is offline   Angry Ref 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 863
  • Joined: 31-August 07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:19 PM

View PostRustyRef, on 17 March 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

That's because they know you won't get through a game without there being any issues ... :P/>/>/>/>

I asked the same question and was told only to add the games if you need to report anything. Other than submitting the reports to the appropriate counties it doesn't do anything else so you're wasting your time if there are no reports to submit. The reason I asked is whenever I tried to click on nothing to report it fell over with a HTTP 500 error.

Rusty:

County told me they want a referee to click "nothing to report" as it helps with their stats.

When i click "nothing to report" it give you a green tick and send you back to the referee dashboard.

Incidentally county say this will be the ONLY way of completing reports from next season.

This post has been edited by Angry Ref: 17 March 2015 - 06:21 PM


#18 User is offline   Angry Ref 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 863
  • Joined: 31-August 07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostRustyRef, on 17 March 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

That's because they know you won't get through a game without there being any issues ... :P/>/>

I asked the same question and was told only to add the games if you need to report anything. Other than submitting the reports to the appropriate counties it doesn't do anything else so you're wasting your time if there are no reports to submit. The reason I asked is whenever I tried to click on nothing to report it fell over with a HTTP 500 error.

I've only had 2 red cards this season for some reason - it's the fact i've stopped reffing adults on a Sunday morning now. That's why!

My Saturday adult football has been very well behaved. Average of about 1 yellow card a game this season. No reds.

#19 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

  • Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 12,224
  • Joined: 04-December 06
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:16 PM

It's the poorest web form I think I've ever seen, nice idea but it's feel is wooden and so slow even Mintman can keep up! :blink:/>

#20 User is offline   maninblack 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 1,529
  • Joined: 04-January 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leicester

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:26 PM

i thought you would enter every game,, but advised no only if you have a report on game

#21 User is offline   Fatlad 

  • Select Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 3,503
  • Joined: 03-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:oop North
  • Interests:Nutrition, exercise, comedy.

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:19 AM

Can't abide it myself. Doesn't really stand up to any comparison with MOAS.

#22 User is offline   mintyref 

  • Select Group
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 2,435
  • Joined: 19-September 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hull
  • Interests:Football, running, eating, drinking,

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

View PostSheffields Finest, on 17 March 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

It's the poorest web form I think I've ever seen, nice idea but it's feel is wooden and so slow even Mintman can keep up! :blink:/>/>


What, where, when? Keep up? Keep up with what?........

#23 User is offline   richardtheref 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 499
  • Joined: 07-June 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:County Durham
  • Interests:Football, Music, Books

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:42 PM

Have just tried to log in for the 1st time. Have never needed to before as have been injured and this only came into existence in County Durham on the 04/02/15. Cannot log in as the link i was sent by our RDO sends you to the England Supporters Club????

Any ideas on how i register? I have been on FA website but cannot see anything on there?

#24 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

  • Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 12,224
  • Joined: 04-December 06
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:41 PM

View Postrichardtheref, on 16 April 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

Have just tried to log in for the 1st time. Have never needed to before as have been injured and this only came into existence in County Durham on the 04/02/15. Cannot log in as the link i was sent by our RDO sends you to the England Supporters Club????

Any ideas on how i register? I have been on FA website but cannot see anything on there?


Maybe you have problems because of poor Wi-I-Fi? http://refereeforum.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

#25 User is offline   Danny-r 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 1,372
  • Joined: 02-June 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England, Leeds

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:20 PM

View Postrichardtheref, on 16 April 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

Have just tried to log in for the 1st time. Have never needed to before as have been injured and this only came into existence in County Durham on the 04/02/15. Cannot log in as the link i was sent by our RDO sends you to the England Supporters Club????

Any ideas on how i register? I have been on FA website but cannot see anything on there?


https://wholegame.th...m/Account/Login

#26 User is offline   richardtheref 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 499
  • Joined: 07-June 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:County Durham
  • Interests:Football, Music, Books

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:49 AM

Thanks Danny. Was unable to register through the link Durham FA but yours worked fine. At our RA meeting last night a few said they had had the same problem. One Football League official even got through to register as an agent!

#27 User is offline   Danny-r 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 1,372
  • Joined: 02-June 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England, Leeds

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:09 PM

View Postrichardtheref, on 17 April 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

Thanks Danny. Was unable to register through the link Durham FA but yours worked fine. At our RA meeting last night a few said they had had the same problem. One Football League official even got through to register as an agent!


It isn't that easy to find when you go routing through the FA pages, or even the CFA pages as they all direct you to FA pages that describe it, so keep that link, stick it in your favourites or something as you should be now using it regularly and you'll struggle to find it each time. I believe most if not all CFA's are using it now and I know at very least some have moved totally over it for report submissions.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users