Solihul Moors vs Stockport County

#1 User is offline   Danny-r 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

http://www.101greatg...ll-moors-video/

Referee William Smallwood; Assistants Edward Pidduck & Christopher Hunter

Not sure which assistant it is that's involved. Accusation is that something was said and that's what has lead to the dismissal. Definitely interesting video as you can see it building.

#2 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:16 PM

View PostDanny-r, on 01 November 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

http://www.101greatg...ll-moors-video/

Referee William Smallwood; Assistants Edward Pidduck & Christopher Hunter

Not sure which assistant it is that's involved. Accusation is that something was said and that's what has lead to the dismissal. Definitely interesting video as you can see it building.

I just hope it wasn't the old stickler C Hunt(er) ;)/>

#3 User is offline   HoldenMan 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:24 AM

Nothing really to comment on this video - impossible to tell what it was for, that leads us to assume it was OFFINABUS but unsure for what. So can't really comment here.

I could, however, comment on how the AR handled the substitution......

#4 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:27 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=juW3X_utARg

Honest interview showing the other side of the coin!!

This post has been edited by Sheffields Finest: 02 November 2015 - 03:29 PM

#5 User is offline   Danny-r 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:41 PM

View PostSheffields Finest, on 02 November 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

https://www.youtube....h?v=juW3X_utARg

Honest interview showing the other side of the coin!!

See now we have an argument that only the assistant can answer. Was the player on the FOP at the point he said it?

If not then it's wrong in law obviously as Andy Robinson was still a substitute at that point and, as the manager states in his interview, should have been dismissed but kept 11 men.

#6 User is offline   RustyRef 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

View PostDanny-r, on 02 November 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

See now we have an argument that only the assistant can answer. Was the player on the FOP at the point he said it?

If not then it's wrong in law obviously as Andy Robinson was still a substitute at that point and, as the manager states in his interview, should have been dismissed but kept 11 men.

I was thinking that earlier, if he has said it (whatever it is) whilst still off the pitch then the substitution hasn't happened and they should have kept 11 players.

If the FA see this I suspect the referee and assistant could well face being charged and probably suspended, or at least asked for their observations. The only get out they have is to say that he said it after he had entered the pitch. Looking at it that may well the case, as he seems to react and raise the flag after the player has walked away from him, and if I was a betting man I would guess he has said something like "f***ing jobsworth".

#7 User is offline   Bester 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:54 PM

Are you expected to ask players to roll up their shorts to check for incorrectly coloured undershorts? :o/>

#8 User is offline   Danny-r 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:51 PM

View PostRustyRef, on 02 November 2015 - 06:24 PM, said:

I was thinking that earlier, if he has said it (whatever it is) whilst still off the pitch then the substitution hasn't happened and they should have kept 11 players.

If the FA see this I suspect the referee and assistant could well face being charged and probably suspended, or at least asked for their observations. The only get out they have is to say that he said it after he had entered the pitch. Looking at it that may well the case, as he seems to react and raise the flag after the player has walked away from him, and if I was a betting man I would guess he has said something like "f***ing jobsworth".

On first viewing, before I even knew what happened, I was beginning to think "He's being pretty persistent with the checks and Robinson is clearly not helping, he's going to get a jobsworth comment"

After I wondered whether he was on the pitch or not, there is a definite reaction to something from the assistant referee and at the point I notice the reaction Andy Robinson is on the pitch.

#9 User is offline   Danny-r 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:52 PM

View PostBester, on 02 November 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

Are you expected to ask players to roll up their shorts to check for incorrectly coloured undershorts? :o/>/>

If, during the course of playing the shorts role up and incorrectly coloured undershorts are found (and noticed by the assessor) then it'll be treated as a failure in equipment check. Also, players sometimes role sleeves and shorts further down than they naturally go during the checks.

#10 User is offline   RustyRef 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

View PostBester, on 02 November 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

Are you expected to ask players to roll up their shorts to check for incorrectly coloured undershorts? :o/>/>

Used to be, but referees were told to stop doing it a few years ago. That said, most players do it automatically without being asked.

#11 User is offline   Danny-r 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:54 PM

View PostRustyRef, on 02 November 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

Used to be, but referees were told to stop doing it a few years ago. That said, most players do it automatically without being asked.

I've never been told to do it and don't actually actively do it. Obvious issues if you're officiating a game with the opposite gender to yourself.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users