• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Swansea v Sunderland

#1 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:40 AM

Ive seen some poor performances over the years (had a few myself) but me thinks this replacement ref and has trusty aids had a blooming nightmare..

2 offside goals, 1 never a penalty pen and a red card that wasn't even a yellow!!!

I think this lad will disappear back from whenst he came after they review that one!!! http://refereeforum.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

#2 User is offline   RustyRef 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:53 PM

I have some element of sympathy on the red card. Players need to realise these days that if they tackle with a straight leg and studs showing they are taking a massive chance. I think that due to the minimal contact a caution and free kick would have sufficed, but I also think in most European leagues no eyes would be raised at a sending off like that.

One of the offsides was so tight I think it would be harsh to class it as an error, but the other one certainly was.

#3 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:14 AM

View PostRustyRef, on 14 January 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

I have some element of sympathy on the red card. Players need to realise these days that if they tackle with a straight leg and studs showing they are taking a massive chance. I think that due to the minimal contact a caution and free kick would have sufficed, but I also think in most European leagues no eyes would be raised at a sending off like that.

One of the offsides was so tight I think it would be harsh to class it as an error, but the other one certainly was.

I'd say that if you are booking for challenges like that at the lower levels you wouldn't get many invites for a pint and a sandwich after a game...That wasn't even close to being yellow!! You also missed to mention the Swansea penalty!! Hard luck on one of the offsides but the other was as easy as they come!!

#4 User is offline   RustyRef 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:43 PM

View PostSheffields Finest, on 15 January 2016 - 12:14 AM, said:

I'd say that if you are booking for challenges like that at the lower levels you wouldn't get many invites for a pint and a sandwich after a game...That wasn't even close to being yellow!! You also missed to mention the Swansea penalty!! Hard luck on one of the offsides but the other was as easy as they come!!

To be honest I don't really care what the players think. I reiterate that I think the sending off was harsh, but the defender in challenging that way gave the referee a decision to make. I've cautioned for a challenge like that this season on Hackney Marshes, so I think if I can get away with it there most referees will be safe.

#5 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:05 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/35327792

The powers that be disagree RR🍻

#6 User is offline   RustyRef 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:34 PM

View PostSheffields Finest, on 15 January 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/35327792

The powers that be disagree RR🍻

Don't really care about that either.

The same powers that be ruled that Geoff Cameron's sending off for striking an opponent should be overruled yet at almost the same time ruled that Simon Francis's sending off should be maintained even though he clearly won the ball.

Because the appeals committee is made up of ex players, rather than refeeres, the results are unfortunately extremely very random.

#7 User is offline   Refelee 

• PipPip

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:12 AM

View PostRustyRef, on 16 January 2016 - 02:34 AM, said:

Because the appeals committee is made up of ex players, rather than refeeres, the results are unfortunately extremely very random.

At least in the case of the Geoff Cameron appeal, that's not entirely accurate. The panel that lifted Cameron's suspension consisted of one ex-lawyer (and current Chairman of Sheffield and Hallamshire FA Council) and two ex-players. Former referee Alan Wiley was also present to answer questions relating to the Laws of the Game although he did not have a hand in the final decision.

#8 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:40 AM

View PostRefelee, on 17 January 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

At least in the case of the Geoff Cameron appeal, that's not entirely accurate. The panel that lifted Cameron's suspension consisted of one ex-lawyer (and current Chairman of Sheffield and Hallamshire FA Council) and two ex-players. Former referee Alan Wiley was also present to answer questions relating to the Laws of the Game although he did not have a hand in the final decision.

I've met and had football dealings with the former, and I can't post what I really think..... so.... he's a very professional individual with lots of experience!!! just ask Mr Suarez!http://refereeforum.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

#9 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:50 AM

http://i63.tinypic.com/2qtz47p.jpg

Not a great week for referees generally!!! JT was just on!!! http://refereeforum.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users