Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Arsenal -v- Chelsea Mark Clattenburg?

#1 User is offline   Big Bruvver 

• PipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:29 PM

Whilst I was 100% certain that Clatts made the right decision - and it was excellent, that he 'took his time' - I thought it was a little odd that he went to one pocket, opened it, closed it (presumably because it had a Yellow Card in it) and then went to the other pocket and produced the Red. Did he not know which pocket it was in?

This post has been edited by Big Bruvver: 24 January 2016 - 04:37 PM

#2 User is offline   Bartek 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:17 PM

View PostBig Bruvver, on 24 January 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

Whilst I was 100% certain that Clatts made the right decision - and it was excellent, that he 'took his time' - I thought it was a little odd that he went to one pocket, opened it, closed it (presumably because it had a Yellow Card in it) and then went to the other pocket and produced the Red. Did he not know which pocket it was in?

I'm not sure about what take someones time makes better than going straight for the offender and producing the right card. Anyway - from the replays I've seen it is the right call and it should be given down the intercoms instantly. The fact that he goes for the wrong card first shows that the call is not unanimous and that Clatts didn't make the call on his own.

#3 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:49 PM

View PostBartek, on 24 January 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

I'm not sure about what take someones time makes better than going straight for the offender and producing the right card. Anyway - from the replays I've seen it is the right call and it should be given down the intercoms instantly. The fact that he goes for the wrong card first shows that the call is not unanimous and that Clatts didn't make the call on his own.

Old school Graeme Souness said it was harsh (under the old rules) and was shot down by Jamie Carragher who seems to be one of the most sensible pundits out there!!! http://refereeforum.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

#4 User is offline   RustyRef 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:39 PM

Nailed on red for me.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users