• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Manc Derby

#1 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 20 March 2016 - 07:45 PM

How did he not give the penalty shout on Rashford just before half time, i'd of been giving that!!!

This post has been edited by Sheffields Finest: 20 March 2016 - 07:46 PM

#2 User is offline   berrygate 

• PipPip

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:41 AM

I think it was just one of those days where the best ref looked as average as the rest of us. Sure he will get some bad and some good days at the office.

I personally thought he was determined to keep it 11 v 11. Let a lot go for both teams.

Sky pundits were good, starting to like Souness, tells it as it is. Match of the day is shocking, Murphy was alright but Shearer just can't hide his dislike of Man United, what a waste of a license fee and oxygen.

#3 User is offline   lincs22 

• PipPip

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:37 PM

View PostSheffields Finest, on 20 March 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

How did he not give the penalty shout on Rashford just before half time, i'd of been giving that!!!

The TV angle was prefect to show the offence of Demichelis into the side of Rashford. From the referee's position, a bit more of a doubt as to whether they collide.
If the Ref had seen the TV angle from the side of the pitch, penalty all day long..

#4 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:35 PM

Sorry, the camera was at a similar angle to the ref view and he was well positioned to see absolutely no playing of the ball by the city player AND the bully boy tactics trying to imply that the lad had dived. No dive whatsoever, the young striker had him on toast all game!!!

I called it in real time and the replay confirmed it, he seemed to put his whistle to his mouth and stop for some reason!!! (bit like not second booking Smalling for persistent infringement!).http://refereeforum.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

#5 User is offline   RustyRef 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:05 PM

View PostSheffields Finest, on 21 March 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

Sorry, the camera was at a similar angle to the ref view and he was well positioned to see absolutely no playing of the ball by the city player AND the bully boy tactics trying to imply that the lad had dived. No dive whatsoever, the young striker had him on toast all game!!!

I called it in real time and the replay confirmed it, he seemed to put his whistle to his mouth and stop for some reason!!! (bit like not second booking Smalling for persistent infringement!).http://refereeforum.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Good spot, he did put his whistle towards his mouth, I saw that as well. I do think it should have been a penalty, but in the grand scheme of things I don't think it was as big a mistake as others have said, and certainly fairly small scale compared to some of the mistakes this season.

As an aside, I don't think Smalling could be sent off for PI, as unless I'm forgetting things he was fine after his first caution. I would agree that the challenge could easily be viewed as a second caution, but it wouldn't be for PI and rather for USB, equally I think there was just about leeway for managing it as he did.

#6 User is offline   Bester 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:18 AM

Sad to say that Rashford's lack of a strong appeal probably lost himself a penalty.

#7 User is offline   berrygate 

• PipPip

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

View PostBester, on 22 March 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

Sad to say that Rashford's lack of a strong appeal probably lost himself a penalty.

Ah right so it has to be an appeal for it to be given, now I know :o/>
Couldn't do much ....... look closely DeMichalis stands on his hand as he's trying to get up. Naughty old pro.

#8 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:38 PM

I gave a penalty on Saturday in my OA game, no-one appealed!!! Cue riot but I saw what I saw and had the balls to give it, we keep saying that players don't understand the laws, this is just another one of them and some of the strikers aren't the sharpest pencils in the box either!!!

#9 User is offline   Refelee 

• PipPip

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:21 AM

View Postberrygate, on 22 March 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

Ah right so it has to be an appeal for it to be given, now I know :o/>/>/>

Interestingly enough, that used to be the law - but only from 1891 till 1896. Also, at that time there was no penalty area or penalty spot. The offence had to take place "within 12 yards of [the offending player's] own goal-line" and the kick could be taken "from any point 12 yards from the goal-line."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users