• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

redundancies at the FA / RDO's

#1 User is offline   Angry Ref 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:19 PM

I believe that there have been some big name redundancies at the FA recently. I will not post names if it's not common knowledge. Does anybody know anything about this?

There's also murmurs about RDO's being axed or having their roles changed significantly. Does anybody know what's happening with their respective county?

#2 User is offline   Danny-r 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:39 PM

View PostAngry Ref, on 11 December 2015 - 10:19 PM, said:

I believe that there have been some big name redundancies at the FA recently. I will not post names if it's not common knowledge. Does anybody know anything about this?

There's also murmurs about RDO's being axed or having their roles changed significantly. Does anybody know what's happening with their respective county?

The WRCFA RDO left recently although it was by choice to go full-time on the PGMOL.

#3 User is offline   RustyRef 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:44 PM

There were large scale redundancies at the FA last month. In terms of county FAs they all had their budgets cut by (I believe) 12% and how they make the required savings is down to them. Some have gone for reducing the number of staff whereas others have tried to use efficiency savings instead.

#4 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:55 PM

View PostRustyRef, on 11 December 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

There were large scale redundancies at the FA last month. In terms of county FAs they all had their budgets cut by (I believe) 12% and how they make the required savings is down to them. Some have gone for reducing the number of staff whereas others have tried to use efficiency savings instead.

Millions of pounds sat in the bank accounts of most CFAs!!!!!

Cant they raffle off a few of Greg Dykes watches? Must be a few quid amongst that lot!!!

#5 User is offline   Angry Ref 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:51 AM

View PostDanny-r, on 11 December 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

The WRCFA RDO left recently although it was by choice to go full-time on the PGMOL.

Keith Stroud, Roger Vaughan and Ian Blanchard?

Why does the FA have a shortage of cash?

#6 User is offline   Angry Ref 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:51 AM

View PostDanny-r, on 11 December 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

Were they replaced?

#7 User is offline   Angry Ref 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:52 AM

View PostRustyRef, on 11 December 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

Does your county still have a RDO? I was told one of the london area CFA's had lost their RDO.

#8 User is offline   RustyRef 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostAngry Ref, on 12 December 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

Does your county still have a RDO? I was told one of the london area CFA's had lost their RDO.

London has two full time RDOs. You're probably thinking of Middlesex as their RDO either resigned or retired.

#9 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:55 PM

In a time of stupid player wages and obscene EPL TV deals, this is surely someone not sharing the monies out properly. I'm sure the money for the SG. Is good, below that it's a crock of crap...

#10 User is offline   Danny-r 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:15 PM

View PostAngry Ref, on 12 December 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

Were they replaced?

Yes but in a round about way no. Previously there were 3 main staff at WRCFA. 2 RDO's and a guy under them who did a lot of admin. The guy who did a lot of admin (not sure of official role title) left and was replaced one of the current RDO's. Our old RDO left and he took the role.

Seems to me he took up the support role as they knew the RDO was leaving and it was in-job training. So yes the RDO was replaced, but the staff went down from 3 to 2. That said, after a high profile situation recently in our local County Cup, a role was created solely for county cup appointments.

#11 User is offline   RustyRef 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostSheffields Finest, on 12 December 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

In a time of stupid player wages and obscene EPL TV deals, this is surely someone not sharing the monies out properly. I'm sure the money for the SG. Is good, below that it's a crock of crap...

In a twist of irony the cutbacks to county FA funding were announced at pretty much exactly the same time that the new PL TV mega-bucks deal went public.

I believe the money saved is being redirected to build the regional football centres all over the country, dubbed the mini St George's Parks.

#12 User is offline   Sheffields Finest 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:46 PM

View PostRustyRef, on 13 December 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

In a twist of irony the cutbacks to county FA funding were announced at pretty much exactly the same time that the new PL TV mega-bucks deal went public.

I believe the money saved is being redirected to build the regional football centres all over the country, dubbed the mini St George's Parks.

They are building one at the old Westfield School here in Sheffield, I heard 4-5 million trumpeted

http://www.sheffield...-docs/westfield

#13 User is offline   RustyRef 

• Forum Mentor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:39 PM

View PostSheffields Finest, on 13 December 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

They are building one at the old Westfield School here in Sheffield, I heard 4-5 million trumpeted

http://www.sheffield...-docs/westfield

This has full details of the new facilities, including the reference that it will be paid for by redundancies - http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/33880772

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users